Junior Estimator/Project Manager
We are currently looking for an experienced Junior Estimator/Project Manager to join our growing team!
The Junior Estimator will help prepare and coordinate detailed cost estimates for competitive tenders to clients.
What you need to offer to perform this role successfully:
- Help perform quantity take offs and costing, pricing of work and material and tender preparation.
- Participate in field visits and pre-tender meetings.
- Preparing all types of estimates from inception to completion and review
- Reviewing all proposals and estimates
- Reviewing and understanding contract documents. Providing key project team members with a summary of key contract elements
- Developing and managing relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Preparing , issuing, receiving and reviewing supplier and subcontractor proposals and pricing
- Assist in negotiations
- Review specifications and drawings of open tenders.
- Conduct materials and pricing research.
- Collect all pertinent data and information for each job to be quoted.
- Liaise with general contractor, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Identify new market opportunities.
- Search upcoming tenders and present it to the Estimator
- Assist with closing tenders
- Print drawings and arrange drawings in order
- Deliver tenders and pick up bonds (most tenders are time sensitive)
- Responsible for organizing and managing design meetings with clients and other contractors
- Deliver complete construction management from pre-construction to completion (all stages: design, budget, coordination and schedule)
- Manage the preparation and execution of construction projects, planning labour requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines
- Manage scheduling and projects using Microsoft Projects
Who we are looking for
- 3+ years progressive experience in landscape construction estimating, construction project management and/or Municipal Projects or related work
- Background in civil earthworks construction would be an asset.
- A strong motivation to learn and a passion for construction planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Detail orientated, as this position will be responsible for editing estimates
- Experience with take offs
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, plans and specifications
- Suitable combination of education and relevant industry experience, preferably a graduate of Construction Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering or any other related program.
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft office (especially Excel) and estimating software
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence and a reliable vehicle
If the above is YOU please apply on to firstname.lastname@example.org