Foreman/Supervisor – Landscape/Civil Construction
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Landscape Construction Foreman is responsible for overseeing all on-site aspects of landscape construction projects.
- Years of experience in landscape/construction industry.
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team work and excellent problem solving abilities.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations.
- Ethics and integrity
What you need to offer to perform this role successfully:
- Manage the preparation and execution of construction projects, planning labour requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines
- Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at sites.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day to day work activities of a landscape construction crew of 2 to 12 employees
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape constructions
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, chainsaws, jack hammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Assist in the construction of walkways, fences, decks, posts, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Meet with subcontractors and supervise quality, efficiency, and deadlines
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis.
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and shop/yard areas
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Enforce and work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations at shop/yard and on jobsites
- Employee training
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
Who we are looking for:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Comfortable using a smart phone.
- Work Conditions:
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
Email resume to email@example.com